New Member Classes
Maybe you've decided to put down your spiritual roots at First
Wayne Street UMC, or maybe you just want to learn more about what
it means to be a United Methodist. Either way, these classes are right
Join Pastor Cheryl for a 4-session series of new member classes
meeting in Room 220 from 8:30 to 9:30 am on Sundays, February
18 & 25 and March 4 & 11. Come as we get acquainted and learn
together with no obligation. If you decide to join the church, we will
receive new members on Palm Sunday, March 25th during morning
worship. We’ll discuss the following...
• Who is John Wesley and why should I care?
• What are the hallmarks of Methodism and how are we the same or
different from other Christian denominations?
• Why do we have "bishops" and how are our pastors appointed?
• What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus and a member of First
• Church leaders will join us to tell about their ministries in the
• And much more!
Email Pastor Cheryl at
to let her know
you’re interested in attending, so we can be sure to have materials
ready for you. See you there!