WOWS Concert Series
Wednesdays on Wayne Street (WOWS) Concerts
First Wayne Street's sanctuary is a wonderful acoustic space, and First Wayne Street has a long history of supporting and offering fine music. Our music program includes vocal and handbell choirs for preschoolers through adults, and often features soloists and instrumentals (including both members of our congregation and of the community).
In addition, we produce an active concert series. Every Wednesday in the months of June and October, at 12:15 pm, First Wayne Street and AIMA (Adventures in Musical Arts) showcase a 30-minute musical performance from a talented local performer or group of performers. A light luncheon follows each performance and can be purchased for $5 (except that after the Germanfest concert in June, the cost for lunch is $6.)
Please email Geoffrey North or call the church office at 260-422-4681 to add your name to our mailing list.
We are pleased to announce our June 2017 concert schedule!
• June 7: Germanfest Organ Recital - Dr. Geoffrey North, featuring favorite selections from his prior Germanfest recitals;
• June 14: Ed Stevens and Geoffrey North, cello and piano, featuring music by Arvo Pärt;
• June 21: Viviane Belanger and Geoffrey North, flute & piano;
• June 28: Mark Stachovsky & Daniel Quinn, baritone and guitar.
Our concert schedule for October 2016 was as follows:
- October 5th: Hope Arthur & Evan Keenan, piano duo
- October 12th: Ashlee Bickley McCrory, mezzo soprano, & our own Geoffrey North, piano
- October 19th: Alex McCrory, bassoon, & Robert Nance, piano
- October 26th: Deborah Nitka Hicks, cello, & Anne Preucil Lewellen, harp