The Word on the Street
Making the Connection Resumes February 21
Making the Connection is our mid-week programming for all ages. It provides a comfortable, loving atmosphere to adults, youth, & children, giving everyone opportunities to find ways in which to experience God’s presence & enhance our own & each other’s faith journeys.
Our next session will take place during Lent, on Wednesdays between February 21 and April 4, except that we will not meet on March 28, during Holy Week. Look for sign up sheets and brochures on the Information Table. Please note: if Fort Wayne Community Schools are closed due to weather, Making the Connection will be canceled that evening as well.
The upcoming Making the Connection schedule includes:
- Ann Carnes’ Painting Class at 1:00 pm,
- a light supper from 5:00 - 6:00 pm,
- children’s activities (choir, chimes, arts, crafts, & games) from 5:45 to 7:30 pm,
- and youth activities will take place on the 3rd floor from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
- The Healing Class will also be continuing, led by Pastor Cookye Rutledge from 6:00 to 7:30 pm. New people are encouraged to join the group any time. You will discover that healing belongs to everyone who comes to Jesus with a believing heart. “For with God nothing shall be impossible.” Luke 1:37
- In addition, during this session, Pastor Cheryl Garbe will be offering a class from both 4:00 - 5:00 pm & 6:00 - 7:00 pm on The Art of Forgiving: When You Need to Forgive and Don’t Know How, by Dr. Lewis Smedes. As Smedes says, “When we forgive...we set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner we set free is us.” Join this Lenten Study as Pastor Cheryl takes you through: What We Do When We Forgive, Why We Forgive, Whom We Forgive, and How We Forgive. Dr. Smedes begins his introduction with “One of God’s better jokes on us was to give us the power to remember the past and leave us no power to undo it. But the wrong sticks like a nettle in our memory. The only way to remove the nettle is with a surgical procedure called forgiveness. It is the only remedy.” Come join us to help yourself or someone else through forgiveness. Deadline to sign up and reserve a book is February 4. Cost of the book will be approximately $15, and can be paid in class.