It is with great excitement that we launch the newly-revamped First Wayne Street UMC website! A big “thank you” goes out to Jessie North, our Communications Assistant (she also handles postings to the church Facebook page and the monthly newsletter) and to Alan Fox, First Wayne St. UMC church member! Thank you to both of you!
It is our hope that you will find the new church website more engaging and loaded with helpful and useful info. Grab your coffee or tea and spend some time just roaming around the new website. You will find:
- Church calendar info to stay on top of church activities
- “What to Expect” for guests who may be “checking us out” to see who we are!
- Information about our wide array of ministries: music, youth, children and more.
- “ONLINE GIVING” option! If you need more info, contact Connie Boren in the office at 422-4681.
- “The Word on the Street” blog, which is the pastor’s musings on all kinds of things!
- Church News
- Links to other resources like the United Methodist News Service
- And much, much more!
The reality is that churches that do not have a vibrant and engaging social media presence are invisible to the outside world. When many folks are looking for information on a church, they will turn to the Internet. So we want to be present there as they look for a place to worship Jesus Christ! Jesus went to where the people were and that is what we are called to do. Our new website is one of those ways!
Enjoy the new website!
Blessings, Pastor Cheryl