The word “Lent” means “spring.” Lent is the period of 40 days from Ash Wednesday to Easter (not counting Sundays) when we remember Jesus’ 40 days in the wilderness and we dedicate these forty days as a time to draw us closer to God.
Some folks “fast,” giving up certain foods or certain behaviors–offering that time or money to God.
Or you might decide to “add’ something specific to your life like more time in prayer or reading the Bible or offering intentional time to help others. Consider serving at a local mission or helping a neighbor or a stranger. What a great time for “random acts of kindness”!
I invite you to journey with Christ in this season of Lent. I also invite you to consider the following special opportunities to engage the story of the cross and draw closer to God.
- Palm Sunday, March 25, 10:00 am: Palm Processional and Welcome of New Members
- Palm Sunday, March 25, 4:00 pm: “Seven Last Words” Palm Sunday Concert
- Holy Thursday, March 29, 6:30 pm: Messianic Passover Celebration. Reservations are required for this special event; call 422-4681.
- Good Friday, March 30, 7:00 pm: Service of Darkness
- Sunday, April 1: 10:00 am: Easter Morning Worship; He is risen! He is risen indeed! AND at 9:00am: Easter Egg Hunt for all ages!